www.flickr.com
items in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos More in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos pool

: Klehm Arboretum in Rockford closed for holidays  ( 1362 )

Dan Williams

• : 344
Klehm Arboretum in Rockford closed for holidays
« : December 26, 2011, 03:22:05 PM »
For those of you contemplating Klehm Arboretum in Rockford as one of your birding options over the next week, you should know that the Arboretum is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, and will not reopen until January 3.  Please also note that they are closed on Sunday during the winter and through March 30.  Here is their announcement as reported on the Rockford Register-Star's website:

ROCKFORD Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is closed for the holidays and will re-open at 9 a.m. Jan. 3.

Klehm will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday from Jan. 3 to March 30. Trails will be cleared for walking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing.

Admission is $6 for adults, $3 for seniors (65+) and students, and children under 3 and Klehm members are free.

Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is located at 2715 S. Main St. in Rockford.

Dan Williams

• : 344
Re: Klehm Arboretum in Rockford closed for holidays
« #1 : January 05, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »
Klehm has reopened after its holiday recess.  As I noted in my first email, winter hours are from 9:00 am-4:00 p.m.  Tuesday through Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday.  They will resume Sunday hours in the spring beginning April 1.

Yesterday, I had a flock of 37 Common Redpolls feeding in Birch catkins at the far west end of the west loop.  There were seen out there again today. 
« : January 08, 2012, 11:12:20 AM Dan Williams »

Join the ABA

ABA Bird of the Year

Help the Illinois Birders' Forum remain one of the best birding forums on the net. A small donation of any amount goes a long way.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Hunting Optics from Eagle Optics affiliate_link