www.flickr.com
items in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos More in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos pool

: Rock Island: Concord Street Eagle Watching  ( 6924 )

Greg Neise

• Administrator
  • : 4439
  • IBF Owner/Administrator
    • In Plain Sight Communication
Rock Island: Concord Street Eagle Watching
« : November 28, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »
Concord street is a residential street along the Mississippi River. In winter months (usually about December through February), you can view American Bald Eagles in the trees along the road. There's no formal parking area, but there are a couple empty lots you can park in. (MAP)
"Only the impossible always happens"
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Frank Angileri

• Fledgeling
  • : 7
    • Pbase Gallery
Re: Rock Island: Concord Street Eagle Watching
« #1 : January 27, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »
Viewing BALD EAGLES along Concord Street was decent this past Friday. There isn't alot of open water, the many of the birds have moved to locations that the ice hasn't limited their fishing areas.
See you out there.......

Frank

kevin wassell

• : 31
« #2 : December 09, 2009, 04:01:54 AM »
after years of people parking in yards and damaging lawns concord st.(davenport iowa) has become somewhat hostile to birding. your best bet for parking is directly under the I-280 bridge.what i generaly do is just stay in my van and look out the window. As long as you stay on the road, which has very little traffic (mostly just a few locals and the rest eagle watchers) you are safe to put the car in park and stand next to your car.

Karen Lund

• : 227
« #3 : December 24, 2009, 09:29:09 AM »
I participate in a January survey for the Eagle Nature Foundation, and Lock 14, Credit Island and Concord St. are my areas.  I've never had any problems along Concord, but then I always stayed off the residents' lawns.  Do you know if Credit Island is open this winter?  Last year is was closed due to flooding damage.

Karen Lund

kevin wassell

• : 31
« #4 : December 26, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »
you are correct about "no problemo" as long as you stay out off private property
no sure about credit island yet, there have been some changes (last time i was there you could not drive all the way around the loop any more) i will check and see

Karen Lund

• : 227
« #5 : December 30, 2009, 07:02:51 AM »
Thanks.  The date of the survey is 1/23.

Join the ABA

ABA Bird of the Year

Help the Illinois Birders' Forum remain one of the best birding forums on the net. A small donation of any amount goes a long way.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Hunting Optics from Eagle Optics affiliate_link