www.flickr.com
items in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos More in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos pool

: A few things  ( 1093 )

Evan Carlson

• : 249
    • 2015 Peoria Big Year
A few things
« : November 07, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »
First, the reports from the Peoria riverfront are a mess. I attached a map of all Ring-billed Gull reports; at least 13 of those personal locations refer to checklists from the Peoria side. I know there are at least a couple other personal locations that did not include Ring-billed Gulls. That hotspot at the Riverplex was added recently by Maury Brucker. Is it a good idea to rename that hotspot (to something like "Riverplex and Riverfront Park") and then encourage users to merge their personal locations into that spot, or do you think it is too large an area for a single hotspot?

Second is something that's bothered me for a couple years. During winter months Northern Shrike is flagged as rare in surrounding counties, but Loggerhead Shrike is not. That seems like it should be flipped from November to March.

Third, I think a reviewer mistakenly rejected my Black-throated Blue Warbler report from Jubilee in September. I feel picky about this one because it will get the park up to 150 species.

Matthew Cvetas

• Administrator
  • : 2696
Re: A few things
« #1 : November 20, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »
Craig brought your third topic to my attention. I fixed your Black-throated Blue Warbler. You were right. It was mistakenly marked not valid. As much as you try to be careful, sometimes you just click the wrong thing. Sorry about that.

If you have a suggestion for a HotSpot, you can contact a HotSpot editor like Jeff Skrentny through IBF.

Regarding, the east side of the river though, that's Tazewell County. It should have it's own HotSpot marker. If you know Ted Hartzler, you might contact him to have him suggest the personal location he uses, "Riverfront Park, East Peoria" as a HotSpot. He has a lot of checklists associated with that spot.

Also, I removed Loggerhead Shrike from the checklist. Other than Woodford County, there seem to be very few reported from any of the west central counties. Let me know if that works.

BY the way, if you see something funny, feel free to contact me directly. I didn't see this post originally.
« : November 20, 2014, 03:02:27 PM Matthew Cvetas »
Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too.
-B.B. King

Join the ABA

ABA Bird of the Year

Help the Illinois Birders' Forum remain one of the best birding forums on the net. A small donation of any amount goes a long way.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Hunting Optics from Eagle Optics affiliate_link