www.flickr.com
items in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos More in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos pool

: Barred Owl-Indiana Dunes S.P.  ( 6032 )

NAL1212

• : 81
Barred Owl-Indiana Dunes S.P.
« : April 27, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »
   Sulli Gibson posted  a request about where to find Barred Owls and a few other birds at Indiana Dunes S.P. , on the InBird website.  Trail  2 was given as one location for the Barred Owl.  Coming back from Michigan today I stopped at the Dunes and went on Trail 2.  Not only did I find one Barred Owl but two.

Sulli Gibson

• ILRBA TEST
  • : 665
Re: Barred Owl-Indiana Dunes S.P.
« #1 : April 27, 2008, 07:49:25 PM »
Thanks so much for actually going out and finding the owls! Were they easy to find? Did you play tapes?

NAL1212

• : 81
« #2 : April 27, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »
   The Owls found me, after hearing the Birdjam Nanopod.  But this was not my first trip looking for these Owls, just my only successful one.

Sulli Gibson

• ILRBA TEST
  • : 665
« #3 : May 26, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »
I went out a few days ago (May 24) and only heard one Barred Owl. I'll be back probably in the winter or early spring when there aren't any leaves. But the main point of going to the dunes was to find the Cerulean Warblers, I found 4 singing males and 1 female on the nest.

Join the ABA

ABA Bird of the Year

Help the Illinois Birders' Forum remain one of the best birding forums on the net. A small donation of any amount goes a long way.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Hunting Optics from Eagle Optics affiliate_link