www.flickr.com
items in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos More in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos pool

: pledges to the Birding Blitz go to habitat preservation  ( 2626 )

Rhonda R

• : 164
pledges to the Birding Blitz go to habitat preservation
« : April 13, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »
It's probably to late to rally any folk into forming teams to compete in the Birding Blitz of Southernmost Illinois but it not too late to pledge to a current participating team or just pledging to the cause. For details, visit:  http://www.birdingblitz.org

Not to be a name caller, and I hope I'm not breaking any rules, if you like to pledge to a team, consider contacting Craig Taylor, Steve Bailey, Keith McMullen, Jeff Smith, Joan Norek, Chris or Geoff Williamson or me.

(Greg, if any or all of this is not appropriate, feel free to delete it.)
"ooh, ooh, stepped in pooh" -phonetic/mnemonic of the Swainson's warbler song as per Bob Behrstock and the late David Markley from 'On The Warblers of Texas'.

Keith A. McMullen

• : 854
Re: pledges to the Birding Blitz go to habitat preservation
« #1 : April 19, 2012, 07:02:09 AM »
Rock on, Rhonda! All the teams competing are raising funds to support wetland restoration projects within the Cache River system in beautiful Southern Illinois. I may sound biased, but the area we're speaking of contains some of the best woodlands, scenic hills, flora and fauna as well as true swamps that NO where, throghout the rest of our great state, can you find. (I grew up in West Central Illinois where corn and soybeans rule!).

The birding is great, the habitat is vast and the people involved in making this happen for the past 11 years are some of the best Illinois birders AND people, that you'll ever care to meet.

Consider a road trip simply to visit the area and to see some birds!  You'll be glad you did!

Oh, yeah, and PLEASE send one of us a donation or a pledge. It's all for a great cause!

Good birdings,

Keith McMullen
O'Fallon, IL
Captain of the S.I. HOTSHOTS
warbler7@sbcglobal.net

Join the ABA

ABA Bird of the Year

Help the Illinois Birders' Forum remain one of the best birding forums on the net. A small donation of any amount goes a long way.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Hunting Optics from Eagle Optics affiliate_link