items in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos More in Illinois Birder's Forum Photos pool

: eBird Hotspot error  ( 920 )

Matthew Winks

• Official Badass
  • : 737
eBird Hotspot error
« : March 02, 2014, 06:15:54 AM »
I noticed an eBird Hotspot error. The Merwin Nature Preserve in McLean County is misplaced. It's a good ways to the east of the current Hotspot pin. That looks like a nice woodlot, but I think it might be private property. Is there another place I should post this to have it corrected? Or do I need to contact an eBird Hotspot reviewer?

Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. The current Merwin Nature Preserve pin is circled in black. It should be moved over to the area of the red circle. There is already a Merwin Nature Preserve South so the corrected pin should probably be designated Merwin Nature Preserve North.

« : March 02, 2014, 06:26:07 AM Matthew Winks »
If we pollute the air, water and soil that keep us alive and well, and destroy the biodiversity that allows natural systems to function, no amount of money will save us.

~David Suzuki

Matthew Cvetas

• Administrator
  • : 2696
Re: eBird Hotspot error
« #1 : March 02, 2014, 07:07:54 AM »
Thanks for pointing this out, Winks. Skrentny is your HotSpot Editor. Curious, is there something special about the Merwin South HotSpot that it requires its own designation? Different habitat for example? Looks like one big woodlot from satellite.
« : March 02, 2014, 07:16:21 AM Matthew Cvetas »
Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too.
-B.B. King

Jeff Skrentny

• Administrator
  • : 1272
  • Common Ground Dove, IL #370
Re: eBird Hotspot error
« #2 : March 05, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »
Winks, I will look at it tomorrow and be in touch off line

Jeff Skrentny
Chicago, Cook County, IL

Join the ABA

ABA Bird of the Year

Help the Illinois Birders' Forum remain one of the best birding forums on the net. A small donation of any amount goes a long way.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Hunting Optics from Eagle Optics affiliate_link